Arka Microbial Consortium
- Arka Microbial Consortium is a carrier based product which contains N fixing, P & Zn solubilizing and plant growth promoting microbes as a single formulation.
- The novelty of this technology is that farmers need not apply N fixing, phosphorous solubilizing and growth promoting bacterial inoculants individually.
- It can be conveniently, applied either through seed, soil, water and nursery media like coco-peat.
- This technology considerably reduces the cost of cultivation, besides the synergistic effects of the formulated microbes can help in sustainable vegetable production.
HIGHLIGHTS/ ADVANTAGES/ UNIQUENESS/BENEFITS OF THE TECHNOLOGY
- Early seed germination
- Seedlings become ready for early transplantation by 3-4 days
- Increased seedling vigor
- Reduction of N and P fertilizer requirement by 25 - 30 per cent
- Yield increases of 5-15 % in different vegetables
Methods of Application
- Seed treatment: 10-20g inoculum is sufficient to treat 100-200 g vegetable seeds.
- Coco peat enrichment: One kg Arka Microbial Consortium (AMC) is sufficient to enrich 1000 kg (1 tonne) of coco peat.
- Soil Drenching: AMC can be mixed with water @ 20 g/ lit and then applied near to the root zone on the 10th day after transplanting.
- Main field application; For the main field application of one acre of land, five kg of AMC can be mixed with 500 kg of FYM and applied near the root zone of standing crop.