- PAPAYA - Coorg Honeydew
- It is a selection from Honey Dew or popularly called Madhu Bindu.
- It is gynodioecious in nature and semi-dwarf.
- Fruits on an average weigh about 1.5 to 2.0 kg, skin is dark in colour with ridging on the surface.
- Fruits from hermaphrodite trees are elongated and oval, from female it is ovoid. Pulp is yellow in colour and on ripening melts; TSS is around 13.5° Brix. Keeping quality is poor.
- It yields about 70 kg per tree.
- Cultivation of Coorg Honey Dew papaya has resulted in 25-30% increased yield of fruits and papain