- Employs a combination of tissue culture and ex vitro techniques
- Facilitates rapid multiplication and supply of new hybrids, elite cultivars, exotic introductions, and cleansed planting material.
- Suitable for shy-propagators and root stocks
- Multiplication rate unparalleled to the general micropropagation or conventional propagation (10 million plants per year) is achieved
HIGHLIGHTS/ ADVANTAGES/ UNIQUENESS/BENEFITS OF THE TECHNOLOGY
1. Facilitates rapid multiplication and supply of clean planting material
2. Potential for multiplication upto 10 million plants per year
3. Simple protocol without the need for hormonal supply
4. High ex vitro establishment
5. Better field performance compared with conventional suckers
- Investment required: Re 1 per plant.
- Expected profit: Rs. 10 per plant
- Cost Benefit Ratio: 1:10
Target Segment/ End User Profile: Tissue culture firms interested in the multiplication and supply of high-value planting material