Sreenivasa Murthy D.
Feasibility and Factor productivity estimation for horticultural crops - scale and technical efficiencies for gherkin, tomato grapes, and pomegranate
Economic feasibility and Decision criteria for Integrated Pest management (IPM) for mango, tomato, brinjal, cabbage and capsicum crops
Economic evaluation of organic tomato, okra, brinjal and cabbage vis-à-vis conventional farms
Developed modified Modified Marketing Efficiency (MME) formula as given below.
MME = ———————
MM + MC +ML
Methodology: Data envelopment analysis (DEA) was used to examine the technical efficiency for first time in any of the horticultural crops in India – tomato
Critical evaluation of process of alternate marketing of fruits and vegetables in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Maharashtra.
Economic evaluation of technologies (inter disciplinary) for
nematode management (reniform (Rotylenchulus reniformis) and rootknot (Meloidogyne incognita) nematodes) in five horticultural crop
Technology for organic cultivation of papaya in coorg area
Publications (2007-08 onwards) Papers in Research journals (refereed)
- Sreenivasa Murthy, D., Gajanana, T.M., Sudha, M. and V. Dakshinamoorthy, 2007. Marketing losses and their impact on marketing margins: a case study of banana in Karnataka, Agricultural Economics Research Review, 20(1):47-60
- Gajanana, T.M., M. Sudha, D Sreenivasa Murthy and V. Dakshinamoorthy, 2008. Economics of production and marketing of bulbous ornamentals – a case study of liliums, Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, 22(2):170-183
- Sreenivasa Murthy, D., T.M. Gajanana, M. Sudha and V. Dakshinamoorthy, 2009. Marketing and post harvest losses in fruits: Its implications on availability and economy, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 64(2):259-276
- Sreenivasa Murthy, D., M. Sudha, M.R. Hegde and V. Dakshinamoorthy, 2009. Technical Efficiency and its Determinants in Tomato Production in Karnataka, India: Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Approach, Agricultural Economics Research Review, 22(2):215-224
- 5. Sreenivasa Murthy, D. B.S. Prabhakar, S.S. Hebbar, V. Srinivas and M. Prabhakar, 2009, Economic feasibility of vegetable production in a polyhouse: A case study of capsicum and tomato Indian Journal of Horticultural Sciences, Bangalore, IIHR Cont No 11/2009. Forth coming.
- Ravishankar, H., Karunakaran, G. and D.Sreenivasamurthy, 2010. Performance of coorg honey dew papaya under organic farming regimes in the hill zone of Karnataka. Acta Hort. (ISHS) 851:259-262
- Sreenivasa Murthy, D., Gajanana, T.M., Sudha Mysore and Dakshinamoorthy, V., 2010, Regional Distinctions and Impact of Export Production of Grapes on Costs, Returns and Employment in India, Agricultural Economics Research Review, IIHR Cont. No 27/2010. - sent for publication
- Gajanana, T.M., Sreenivasa Murthy, D., M. Sudha and V. Dakshinamoorthy, 2009. Export of onion from India to different countries – economic analysis of performance and constraints, Cont. No.16/2009, IIHR, Bangalore (sent to Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing)- sent for publication. Technical/popular articles
- Gajanana,T.M., Sreenivasa Murthy, D., M. Sudha and V. Dakshinamoorthy, 2009. Onion export and constraints – an economic appraisal (Kannada), Krishi Pete, 35(4): 16-19
- Gajanana, T.M., Sreenivasa Murthy, D. and M. Sudha, 2010. Post harvest loss in fruits and vegetables – challenges and the way forward, www.commodityIndia.com, 10(3):30-31
- Kotur,S.C., Sreenivasa Murthy, D., Gajanana, T.M. and Reena Rosy Thomas, 2009. Horticultural Resources Information Sytem: A Potential database for horticultural development, In: P.M. Govindakrishnan, J.P. Singh, S.S. Lal, V.K. Dua, Shashi Rawat and S.K. Pandey (Eds), Information Technology Applications in Horticultural Crops, pp. 211-220
- Krishna Kumar N. K., D. Sreenivasa Murthy, H. R. Ranganath, P. N. Krishnamoorthy and S. Saroja, 2010, Economics of management of eggplant shoot and fruit borer (ESFB), Leucinodes orbonalis Guenee under low cost net house cultivation. In Advances in breeding in capsicum and egg plant’. Edited by Jaime Prohens and Adrian Rodriguez; Universitat Polytechnika The Valencia , Spain,pp.171-177
Section of Economics and Statistics IIHR, Hessaraghatta, Bangalore