- Biochemical and molecular characterization of proteinase inhibitors with insecticidal activity from legumes
- Genetic transformation and molecular characterization of pulse crops
- In-planta expression of Bt genes with insecticidal activity
- Isolation and Molecular characterization of nematicidal Bt and other bionematicides
- Molecular markers in legume vegetables
- Molecular markers in ornamental crops
- Nandeesha P and Theertha Prasad D (2001), ‘Characterization of Serine Proteinase Inhibitor from Subabul (Leucaena leucocephala Lam.) Seeds’, J. Plant Bio chemistry &Biotechnology, 10:75-78.
- Das A, Kumar S, Nandeesha P, Yadav IS, Saini J, Chaturvedi SK, Datta S (2014). An efficient in vitro regeneration system of fieldpea (Pisum sativum L.) via. Shoot organogenesis. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology: 23(2):184–189.
3. Rinki devi, Nandeesha P, Mayank Kaashyap, Shiv Kumar, and Subhojit Datta (2014). Phylogenetic Analysis of Pulse Crops Using RAPD and Seed Storage Protein Markers. Indian Journal of Agricultural Biochemistry: 27(1):81-84.
4. Jayaprakash* S. P., P. Nandeesha*, A. E. Sozhavendan, A. Naveenkumar, A. Illakiya Priya, N. Balakrishnan, V. Balasubramani, P.K. Singh, D. Sudhakar, P. Balasubramanian and V. Udayasuriyan (2014). Expression of a novel Bt gene, cry2AX1 in transgenic tobacco confers resistance to Helicoverpa armigera and Spodoptera litura. J. Pure and Applied Microbiology. 8(6).4687-4692. (*authors contributed equally)
5. Ruturaj Barthake R., A. Naveenkumar, P. Nandeesha, R. Manikandan, N. Balakrishnan, V. Balasubramani, D. Sudhakar, and V. Udayasuriyan (2014). Transformation of Tomato with cry2AX1 gene of Bacillus thuringiensis. Intl. J. Tropical Agril.32 (3-4), 577-585.
6. Manoj Saini, P. Nandeesha, Mayank Kaashyap, Prasoonpal Gupta, Mukesh Mohan and Subhojit Datta (2015). Cloning and characterization of protease inhibitor genes from some legumes. Legume Research, 38 (2): 178-181
Leela Sahijiram PC Tripati and Nandeesha P et al Abstracts of International Symposium on Horticulture: Priorities and emerging trends, 5-8 September 2017, Bengaluru, India
- Datta S, Nandeesha P, Soren KR and Das A. Biotechnology for Improvement of Pulse Crops. (2014). Pp. 139-184. In: Vol. 2 on Plant Biotechnology. Ed. Kumar PA. Studium Press LLC, USA.
1. Nandeesha,P., S.P.Jayaprakash, A.Illakyapriya, N.Balakrishnan, V.Balasubramani,
D.Sudhakar and V.Udayasuriyan (2013) ‘Expression of Cry2AX1 protein in transgenic tobacco confirms complete protection against Helicoverpa armigera. Presented at International conference on Insect Sciences, held from 14-17, Feb, 2013 at Bangalore, India.
2. Nandeesha, P., Bharath, V. and Mahadevaswamy, H.S Towards cloning nematicidal cry genes from Indian isolates of Bacillus thuringiensis : Abstracts of International Symposium on Horticulture: Priorities and emerging trends, 5-8 September 2017, Bengaluru, India
3. Leela Sahijram and P. Nandeesha. 2018. GM and non-GM biotechnologies in the improvement of floriculture. Advances on Floriculture and Urban Horticulture. Subhendu S. Gantait, Jayoti Majumder and Madhumita Mitra Sarkar (eds.), Studera Press, Delhi-110035, pp. 32-36 [ISBN 978-93-85883-65-1; 495+4 p]
Received Govt. of India merit scholarship during high school. Meritorious student award from Zilla parishat Mandya. BCM and SJ Jindal trust scholarship during PUC and UG respectively. University merit cum means and BCM scholarship during MSc programme. Received appreciation from ADG (O&P) for research achievements at IIPR.