- A method has been standardized for the production of Anthurium plants through three step procedure viz., regeneration, proliferation and rooting. A proliferation rate of 15.3 shoots/explants was obtained compared to 7.3 shoots/bud.
Products and By- products
- Anthurium tissue cultured plants
- The method can be used for micropropagation of Anthurium using leaf as explant, large number of uniform planting material can be developed in short time
- No somoclonal variations and vitrified plants was obtained with high proliferation.
Target segment /End User Profile
- Small entrepreneurs can multiply and sell the locally available cultivars for the growers for a cheaper price
- At present the market is ruled by the imported varieties which are expensive, since they are all patented and multiplied by big companies. The present protocol may give a better price for the smaller companies as they can multiply the locally available varieties
- Rs 10 lakhs to set up a tissue culture lab (without building cost)
- The rate of multiplication is very high.
- Exagar plants can be sold at Rs 8.
- 3 months hardened plants can be sold at Rs 25.
- Benefit cost ratio 3.5:1