- Identification of new genotypes/hybrids/cultivars based on morphological suffers from environmental effects, epistatic interactions, and other effects.
- DNA fingerprinting techniques including RFLPs, RAPDs, ISSR, SNP, and SSRs are used for cultivar identification in a wide range of species due to their high heritability and sufficient polymorphism to discriminate genotypes.
- Therefore DNA based barcodes are additional tools for identification
Products and By- products
- DNA barcodes chart of a variety/hybrid
- Technically accurate methods are important in protection of new released genotypes and hybrids
- Establishment of an effective molecular identification system will help in development of superior new genotypes/hybrids.
- Protection of plant breeders' rights will help to stimulate investment in research and development.
Target segment /End User Profile
- Seed Companies,
- Brinjal breeders,
- To solve copyrights, trademarks,
- To identify admixtures, mislabeled seeds or mechanical mixtures in seed lots.
All eggplant genotypes hand at least one specific combination of alleles that allow accurate fingerprinting (Fig. 1) and allowing easy detection of genotypic differences, helping in the identification of individuals with absolute certainty.
- Barcodes can be developed to seed company’s varieties and hybrids
- 5 lacks
Expected returns ratio
- They can use in addition or in lieu of GOT, Therefore can save lot of money