- Identification of new genotypes/hybrids/cultivars is largely based on morphological suffer from environmental effects, epistatic interactions, and other effects.
- It is a simple technique wherein the DNA of varieties/genotypes and hybrids is isolated and unique fingerprints are generated by microsatellite markers.
Products and By- products
- SSR markers
- It will facilitate in identification of varieties/hybrids and genotypes
- It will reduce the redundancy in naming of genotypes eg. Same variety is called by several names in different regions
- Help the fruit industry in identification of varieties/hybrids and genotypes for export purpose.
Target segment /End User Profile
- commercial growers/ nurseries
- fruit breeders
- These markers will be useful for identification of particular variety.
- Any admixtures even in products
- Rs 10lakhs to set up a lab with PCR, centrifuge, electrophoresis system.
- For already set up labs, the expenditure per sample will be Rs 10
- Per plant a profit of Rs 3-4.