- Somatic embryogeneis based technology for the rapid clonal propagation of Dendrobium “ Queen Sonia. Facilitates rapid multiplication and supply of clean planting material.
Products and By- products
- Orchid tissue cultured plants
- This technology facilitates the supply of clean planting material with the scope for accelerated production as per the market demand when the conventional approach is not able to meet the needs.
Target segment /End User Profile
- Small enter pruners can multiply and sell among growers
- The market for orchids plants is high. At present the market is ruled by the imported varieties which are expensive, since they are all patented and multiplied by big companies. The present protocol may give a better price for the smaller companies
- Rs 10 lakhs for the new lab
- For a set up lab, production cost is Rs 13/plant
- The rate of multiplication is very high.
- Exagar plants can be sold at Rs 18.
- 3 months hardened plants can be sold at Rs 45.
- Benefit cost ratio 2.5:1