An ecofriendly integrated management of B. dorsalis in mango has been standardized, which is mentioned below .
- 45 days before harvest, the following precautions need to be taken
- Destroy all fallen fruits at weekly intervals
- Install six methyl eugenol plywood traps per acre.
- Plough the soil at the tree basin at frequent intervals.
- Three weeks before the harvest, spray decamethrin 2.8 EC @ 0.5 ml/l + Azadirachtin (0.3%) 2 ml/lt and take up timely harvest.
- If fruit fly is very serious (> 5/Surveillance trap), give bait sprays on the tree trunks at weekly interval: (Bait spray is prepared by mixing 100g of jaggery in one litre of water to which 2 mL of deltamethrin (2.8 EC) is added).
- The harvested fruits may be treated with hot water for 1 hour at 48oC.