- GRAPES - Arka Chitra
- This hybrid is a cross between Angur kalan and Anab-e-Shahi .
- The plant is moderately vigorous.
- On bower system of training at 3 m x 3 m planting distance, its yield potential is about 38 tons/ha and 34 kg/vine.
- Time required for harvest from pruning is 154-158 days.
- The bunches are well filled, weighing an average of 310 g/bunch, golden yellow with pink blush, slightly elongated and average berry weight is 3.18 g, T.S.S. varies from 20-21oBrix and acidity from 0.4-0.6 per cent. Vines are prolific yielders with very attractive berries. It is good for table purpose. All the buds are fruitful and therefore no specific pruning is required. It is also suitable for head system of training and possible to take two crops in a year. This hybrid is tolerant to powdery mildew and moderately susceptible to Anthracnose and Downy mildew. It was released in 1994.