- To generate the DNA fingerprints of released varieties of horticultural crops, germplasm and hybrids
- To assess the genetic diversity of horticultural crops germplasm.
- To generate a database of DNA fingerprints of horticultural crops germplasm
- To evaluate the extent of genetic diversity in the horticultural crops germplasm and
Date of start of this programme: 2009
T V Ananthanarayanan (till 01-09-2011)
Anuradha Sane (Hort)
DNA fingerprinting/Molecular characterization of released varieties was done for following ornamental crops using ISSR/SSR markers.
- Rose: G.S. Randhawa, Kiran and Nishkant
- Crossandra : Arka kanaka, Arka ambara; 2 Hybrids -2005-1 and 2005-2.
- Carnation : Arka Flame
- Tuberose: Shringar, Suvasini, Prajwal, Vybhav, Niranthara
- Molecular characterization of 30 genotypes of Gladiolus.
- Anuradha Sane, Jaya Jhawar and Aswath C, 2010. Molecular characterization of crossandra cultivars/hybrids/species using ISSR markers. In National conference on horticultural biodiversity for livelihood, economic development and health care, 28-31 May 2010, Hi tech Horticultural research and post graduate centre, Bangalore, Karnataka.